Powerful Nootropic Mushroom, Lion’s Mane & The Benefits
Lion’s mane (Hericeum erinaceus) has been a time-tested mainstay in Traditional Chinese Medicine for hundreds of years. It’s known by a few other whimsical names that refer to its quirky appearance: such as deer’s tail, satyr’s beard, and even the “pom pom” mushroom.
While its health properties have been known about and used as medicine for such a long time, it’s also considered a culinary favorite in the cuisine of the Far East.
If you want to get a glimpse of this hedgehog-like mushroom, keep an eye out at Asian markets or grocers. The very young fruiting bodies of the fungi are cultivated or foraged, and considered a delicious delicacy similar to seafood, lamb, and even pork.
What can this leonine mushroom actually achieve for the body’shealth? Like so many other health-boosting fungi, lion’s mane boasts some adaptogenic qualities: benefits that protect the body from the wear-and-tear, stress, age, and poor health choices.
Studies are only preliminary, but most agree that the research so far is very promising for future health remedies and strategies.
- Antioxidant – Shields the body from oxidative damage due to age and disease
- Blood regulating – Modulates or lowers the effects of sugars and unhealthy fats by changing amounts in bloodstream
- Antihypertensive – Can help lower blood pressure
- Digestive tonic – Healing for gastritis, ulcers, and other irregularities
- Immunomodulating – Boosts immunity to help fight illness, as well as prevent autoimmunity and chronic inflammation
- Cancer-fighting – Studies show extract can kill cancer and destroy tumor cells
THE KING OF NOOTROPIC MUSHROOMS
While the above benefits reveal an exciting future, these qualities are not the only reason why this mushroom is so lionized.
Other famous medicinal fungi, such as cordyceps and reishi, are immensely studied and praised for the above benefits, too – but lion’s mane takes the spotlight as the most powerful nootropic mushroom of all.
What is a nootropic? A nootropic is a drug, supplement, or herb that enhances the powers of the mind, particularly memory, cognition, and mood. While reishi and cordyceps have demonstrated their own nootropic impacts on health, it can easily be said that lion’s mane provides the lion’s share of the benefits to be found in the world of mushrooms.
Study, interest, and promise around its nootropic, nerve tonic properties rivals even those of gingko and ginseng! In one study, subjects with mild cognitive impairment and memory problems who took lion’s mane showed amazing short-term recovery and increased mental function.
GETTING THE BODY’S NERVE BACK
Lion’s mane rules the roost among natural remedies for the nervous system, mind, and memory.
How does it do this? Well, it appears that this mushroom does something truly miraculous: it protects the sheaths around nerves in the body and the brain. Not only that, it can also stimulate the repairing of nerve damage naturally, even long after damage has been done.
- Neuro-regenerative – Lion’s mane’s neuro-regenerative, neuro-protective qualities are responsible for boosting mental function.
- Anti-depression and anxiety – It’s brain powers don’t just stop there. Some studies show it can also have a positive impact on mood, curtailing depression and anxiety.
- A bit of confidence – Animal tests with the mushroom show that its constituents may also boost confidence, bravery, and curiosity among test subjects.
- Powerful phytotherapy – With an ability to repair and protect against damage to the nerves, lion’s mane shows a lot of promise as a therapy for Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, and even multiple sclerosis.
THE SCIENCE OF LION’S MANE
The compounds found in this fuzzy-looking mushroom are what truly crown lion’s mane as king – especially in the realm of all-natural nootropic foods, herbs, and remedies.
- Beta-glucans – Polysaccharides that are responsible for immune-boosting, immuno-modulating effects.
- Hericenone – A triterpene found in lion’s mane responsible for its nerve regrowth and repairing capabilities.
- Erinacine – A diterpene that also supports the mushroom’s signature neuro-regenerative and protective benefits.
In a busy modern world where the average person struggles with concentration, motivation, and health problems while meeting daily demands, a powerful natural remedy that not only boosts immunity but also brain function may be the perfect savior!
HOW TO USE LION’S MANE
If you get your hands on the illustrious lion’s mane, there are a few ways you can use it and get it into the daily routine as a powerful health and tonic – especially for the mind and memory.
- Eat it up – The original way to consume the mushroom is in a delicious dish, cooked not all that differently from button mushrooms or shiitakes.
- Make a tincture – Herbalists make preparations like this with many of their remedies, which involves chopping up the mushroom and steeping it in alcohol to make an extract.
- Make a tea – Compared to cooking it, a tea may be less pleasant taste-wise, but just as effective – and can only be made when it’s dried.
- Dehydrate it – Drying the lion’s mane and storing it can help make it last, especially as a powder to add to teas and food.
- Supplement – If you can’t get your hands on the actual mushroom itself, a supplement or powder does just as well for convenient, daily use.
Lion’s mane is a signature ingredient in our Neuro Shroom blend, available for purchase in the shop!
Get Social – Like, Comment, Pin and Share!
It can be frustrating, the way it infiltrates anything and everything in one’s routine. At first, we might not be able to put a finger on what’s going on, or even think of it as …
Sсhіzаndrа bеrrу is a very potent аdарtоgеnіс hеrb, mеаnіng it balances the body undеr ѕtrеѕѕ, by еіthеr ѕtіmulаtіng оr rеlаxіng. It рrоmоtеѕ mеntаl funсtіоn, longevity, increases ѕtаmіnа and ѕtrеngthеnѕ sex оrgаnѕ. Thе herb is a …
All of health is more connected than we realize. Traditional cultures have known this for thousands of years, while holistic health practitioners maintain this as a staple to all of healing. More excitingly though, scientific …
- Exclusive Offers
- Product Giveaways
- Latest Research
- New Product Launches